|"Stadium guards were forced to turn away another 20,000 people who sought to squeeze into the arena for the rally that was one of the greatest ever held by the 38-year-old North Carolina Baptist minister." Sentence from an article titled “Graham Packs Yankee Stadium” in The Free Press of Colorado Springs, Colorado. July 21, 1957. From Collection 7, Box 4, Folder 29.
| At one point, the Yankee Stadium service had been planned as the climax of the crusade. However on July 19, the day before the service, the executive committee, after several discussions and prayer with Billy Graham and other BGEA staff members, voted to extend the crusade.
The service filled the stadium to capacity, with 100,000 and 20,000 more outside.
- Hymn sung by all: "All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name"
- Invocation by Rev. Daniel Potter
- Solo by George Beverly Shea: "I Walked Today Where Jesus Walked"
- Scripture read by Rev. Grady Wilson
- Prayer by Rev. Ralph B. Nesbitt
- "Hallelujah Chorus" sung by the choir
- Offering taken
- Hymn sung by all: "The Old Rugged Cross"
- George Beverly Shea with the choir singing "How Great Thou Art"
- Announcements by Rev. Cliff Barrows
- Solo by George Beverly Shea: "It Took a Miracle"
- Announcement by Roger Hull of the extension of the crusade to August 10
- Response by Rev. Billy Graham, after which he introduced Richard M. Nixon
- Comments by Richard M. Nixon
- Solo by George Beverly Shea: "The Love of God"
- Sermon by Rev. Billy Graham: "Choose This Day Who You Will Serve"
- Benediction by Louis S. White
The crowd was too dense for inquirers to come forward, but Graham asked those who made a decision for Christ to stand.