Since we are migrating our website to a new platform, we will no longer be updating this earlier version our site. Please visit our Archon database for online guide descriptions. In early 2018, look for our new site, currently under construction, linked in the BGC Archives section on the Library and Archives page. (12/11/2017)
Small Collection 18 [December 1, 2004]
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association; 1950-
Articles of Incorporation; 1951-1968
The BGEA retains the copyright to their materials and their permission is needed for quotation. BGEA permission is also required to copy photos, audio recordings, or films in this collection, as well as paper records in any restricted files. The Archives staff will provide the form needed to request copying permission. Paper records in files not otherwise restricted may be copied. For quotation permission, contact the BGEA at email@example.com
Evangelistic organization, founded in 1950 to: operate Billy Graham's ministry in a business-like way; provide a non-profit entity to receive donations for crusades and related ministries; plan and coordinate evangelistic meetings throughout the world; and with its agents and subsidiaries produce radio and television programs, films, DECISION magazine, and books and records. The BGEA was instrumental in: founding the magazine, Christianity Today, and Wheaton College's Billy Graham Center; sponsoring a series of international and regional conferences on evangelism, beginning in 1966. Its headquarters was in Minneapolis, with offices in other U.S. and foreign cities.
Scope and Content
Copies of articles of incorporation. Documents are dated between 1951 and 1968 for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association branches in Minneapolis, Winnipeg, London, Sydney, and Frankfurt, plus the incorporation articles of Grason Company, the Blue Ridge Broadcasting Corporation, the Christian Broadcasting Corporation and Today Publications, Inc. (initially produced Christianity Today). This collection is one of several which form the Records of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
The materials for this collection were deposited at the Center in December 1975 by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.